Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shoe Love: Smoking Slippers


I draw with charcoal in my free time (if ever I have it) so I wanted to find a way to incorporate my drawings into the blog. Welcome to the new Shoe Love column featuring my favorite types of shoes illustrated by me! I received a Wacom Bamboo tablet for Christmas and now I can draw directly into Photoshop. This little piece of technology is incredibly addicting to use and I encourage you to get one and start playing immediately. 

The smoking loafer is classic American East coast prep. They are not just for smoking, as you might imagine. Wear them with trousers, denim, and skirts, in winter or summer, uptown and downtown. They come in velvet, linen, canvas, leather, and even silk. You can go high end, low end and everywhere in between. Wear them with a sweatshirt and jeans on the weekend or with a suit to the office (not just the commute!). The smoking slipper is my current go-to in the crazy warm winter weather we've been having. Tell me, do you wear smoking slippers? Would you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...