Friday, April 8, 2011

Living in the moment: Uva, New York, NY


Sometimes a wanderlusty soul has to settle for being at home. When I am at home, I like to be a tourist in my own city (which is easy, I live in Manhattan!). For years many girlfriends and I have gone to one of my favorite rustic Italian places on the Upper East Side, Uva, for after work drinks and girls nights. It's not just for ladies mind you, it has quite a romantic atmosphere. But the great thing about this place is all the sampling and sharping. That's what makes it a great girls night destination!


As some of you may know, my husband and I are moving in a few weeks to Washington DC (more to come on this). So I went to Uva with one of my very best girlfriends to celebrate our time together in NYC. When you go to Uva, either sit at a casual seat in the bar area, for people watching and intimate seating, or if it's nice weather request to sit in the back garden.

We shared a bottle of Malbec (great medium bodied wine to have with a varied menu), goat cheese and black pepper bruschette (so creamy and soft), the Antipasto Vegetariano for two (um, pickled carrots?! sweet and tangy? yes please!), and we topped it off with a delish Girella al Cioccolato and Jameson on the rocks (the Jameson and Hazelnut together are brillant!) Of course we spent much of the time talking and laughing. It's so nice to be able to catch up with my best friend while enjoying top notch food and drink in a relaxed, elegant environment. If that isn't the perfect little get-a-way, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...