Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wardrobe: Game Day {after the glory years}

Jeans, Blouse, Necklace, Bracelet, Bangle, Watch, Pumps, Bag

Last weekend my girlfriends and I {and Gman too!} went to watch the Gators play at our local UF Alumni Bar. During the game, there was group of girls sitting across the table from us. They kept looking over at us and we kept looking over at them. Under normal circumstances, I would have assumed they were being judgemental or territorial. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. We've all seen how women act in bars. But then finally in the third quarter their guy friend leaned over to my friend Tammy and said, "she wants me to tell you she loves your top." She leaned over and said, "tell her I love her necklace." At this point all walls were dropped and we all leaned across the table complimenting each other and deliberating the issue of dressing to support the team but also for going out after and how to incorporate a little Gator Pride in our everyday clothes.

I was glad to know I wasn't the only one with this issue. On super casual days I'm happy to wear my favorite Gator T-shirt and some jeans {or jorts!} but what about when I need to be dressed up? Or when its cold out?

Here is my Game Day for Alumni ensemble, inspired by Tammy and her fab orange silk blouse! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...