Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wardrobe: Dublin and Glendalough



necklace, jeans, jacket, umbrella, wellies, top, bag


While Gman and I were in Ireland it was cold and rainy. We went in March and got the impression from the people we talked to that this type of weather was pretty normal for most of the year. Dressing for the rain, especially when living out of a tiny suitcase, can be challenging. But it's important because having wet feet and trying to tour a city is no fun {blisters and whining abound!}.

I recommend a leather jacket and some wellies to stay warm and dry. As you know, I love my Hunters but I was recently introduced to this company, Joules, through numerous blogs. I love the feminine details on their rain boots, like these flowers. Wellies would have been perfect for our trek out to Glendalough too - that peet moss is muddy and would ruin most shoes {I wore some like this}.

Dublin is a casual city so this look could easily go from running around all day to listening to live music at a pub in the evening. Generally speaking, I like to add bits of ladylike elements to my rainy day look - the rain makes me feel flustered and frumpy. Well, except for the one rainy night in Paris...

What about you, how do you dress for the rain? Do you find it frustrating or exciting when your travel destination is rainy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...