Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wardrobe: Cold Weather Birthday

sweater, booties, trapper hat, coat, bag, earrings, pants, gloves
As you may know, it was insanely cold this weekend. In New York City it was 20 degrees outside and at one point the weather channel said it, "feels like 10 degrees." I'm not even sure how to understand how cold that is. If it's below freezing it's reason enough for me to hibernate. Too bad my birthday is in January, as you are well aware, and I like to go out to celebrate.

It has come up in conversation hundreds of times recently and was especially a topic of conversation during my party. How does one dress for 10 degree weather when going out for a night on the town? My typical go-to is a silk button-up blouse and sky high pumps, but that doesn't work when it's cold because my feet freeze.

This look was inspired by the ladies at my birthday party and Tammy, who wears leather pants. These are waxed cotton but I see what she's onto here. Perhaps the leather or wax helps keep out the wind? eh? I have a fur lined trapper hat and as silly as it is, when the temperature drops below 30 degrees, I don't leave home without it. It's a life saver.

When I showed this look to Gman he said, "It's funky confident." The woman wearing this isn't afraid of a good time and doesn't take herself to seriously. Now isn't that how we all want to feel on our birthday? Young and free?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the sweater! and the pants...hmmm shopping this weekend...maybe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...