Monday, January 2, 2012

Weekend Recap: New Year's Resolutions



So it’s a new year. How did you celebrate? I sung along to dueling pianos at Savannah Smiles with some close friends in Savannah, Georgia.

Did you make any resolutions? Some people think they are silly. Some people like to take them seriously. I like to set one or two resolutions but I pick something outside of my usual set of goals. For example, I had two last year: to accessorize more regularly and to change my signature cocktail from Jameson on the Rocks to something less potent. I never did find an alternative libation but am happy to report that I now have a suitable selection of lipstick, jewelry, and scarves to decorate myself with.

I’ve always admired those people who send thoughtful cards, gifts, and emails to friends and family. I get too caught up in my daily life and often forget my loved ones’ birthdays, even with the helpful reminders on facebook. So this year my New Year’s Resolution is to reach out to my friends and family on their birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...