Thursday, April 5, 2012

Exploring Wine: Chardonnay



La Crema, Chardonnay, 2010, Monterey CA, $16.99
My rating for this bottle? I would drink a glass


Chardonnay is arguably one of the most popular wines in the world. Whether you've only had a few glasses of wine in your life or you're a expert, you probably recognize Chardonnay on a wine menu. And just like any other varietal, there are the good, the bad and the ugly. I've had so many terribly Chardonnays that I have generally banished them from my repertoire (hello, college). However, such a popular grape deserves a second chance.

This La Crema had typical characteristics of Chardonnay - straw like color, light, slightly fruity bouquet, and it tastes buttery, lemony, and slightly metallic. It was smooth with a short finish. All delightful qualities.

It wasn't my favorite but it did convince me to add Chardonnay back in as an option. I can see why hosts serve it at parties, it was light, easy to drink, and would pair nicely with most finger foods. I drank mine with 7-layer bean dip and chips... for dinner. It had been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...