Monday, April 29, 2013

High Heeled Traveler, The Magazine Contributor Grace Barkley

I'm still reeling from the excitement of launching my first magazine (purchase a copy here!). Setting my sights on a goal and actually taking the steps to accomplish it was incredibly difficult and rewarding. To say it was a learning experience is an understatement and I welcome more growing pains as I get ready for issue two

I couldn't have created such a successful publication without my awesome contributors. I'd like to highlight them each here over the next few weeks (check back every Monday!) as a thank you.



First up is Grace Barkley. I met her through the internet (how I make most of my friends, thanks Twitter!) and was excited to include her story The Farm House in the inaugural issue of the magazine. She currently lives in Savannah, GA and earning her MFA in Writing from Savannah College of Art and Design. Her blog, Runs With Markers, is a great mix of highlighting objects she loves and daily musings in her life (like dressing guinea pigs in sweaters). She is a freelance writer and designer, too, so check out her professional work here and hire her! :)

Thanks Grace for being apart of my crazy magazine fantasies!

If you are interested in contributing to the magazine, go here for submission details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...