Monday, August 29, 2011

Exploring Wine: Verdejo



Naia, Verdejo, 2009 $14.99
My rating for this bottle? I would drink the bottle.

Unfortunately I don't know too much about the history of varietal from the Rueda region in Spain. However, I do know that it is my absolute favorite summer picnic wine. I drink this one over and over throughout the hot weather and it's my go-to for a hostess gift. I must confess that I had no idea what type of grape this was for the longest time and still I would search for it at the wine store. 

It has notes of citrus and pear in the nose and in the taste. It's smooth, although I find it to be slightly complex. Sometimes I taste a bit of a smokey flavor (but nothing heavy). I also smell hints of flowers but have not refined my nose deeply enough quite yet to determine which flowers I smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...