Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Recap: We survived.



moved these to higher ground...

Happy Monday all! I am actually going into the office well rested for a change after being forced to relax indoors all weekend. Luckily Hurricane Irene was no big deal for the DC area and although it was windy and rainy we did not loose power, etc. I was able to happily watch five hours of Mad Men season two and catch up on all my favorite blogs. Sunday I ventured out to the farmer's market and Whole Foods. Only later to thwart my healthy eating ambitions by devouring handfuls of sweet potatoe fries for dinner. #fail.

It was also nice to spend time with Gman after being separated for over a month! We are planning a trip to Seattle for Labor Day weekend and on Sunday distracted ourselves researching and creating our itenerary. I'm also plotting my wardrobe too... bwahahaha.

What did you do to entertain yourselves this weekend? Were you stuck indoors?


The hurricane aftermath in our front yard.

PS - If you haven't already I would be so grateful if you checked out my submission to the the Lucky Magazine Lifestyle Contributor contest! You have to register for the website to vote but its totally worth it - for me and you. Lucky Mag is known for finding you great shopping deals. You might spot some fabulous hot pink, suede, pointed toe pumps on sale that you just can't live without!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...