Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wardrobe: Cherry Blossoms and Springtime




With the arrival of 80 degree weather and the blooming of the Cherry Blossoms, DC finally welcomed spring this week. Although it felt like we skipped spring and went right on into summer (grumbles). Everyone was out to see the blossoms yesterday, and Gman and I got right in there with the mix of tourists and working professionals. It was fun to people watch and see how each person chose to capture their pictures. There is something captivating about the pillowy puff balls of flowers on the strong, dark branches. Walking through them feels like you are walking through a secret magical garden in the clouds - except that everyone else is in on the secret and wearing tourist costumes. 

I wore the JCrew stripe shirttail dress (sold out but here is a similar one by Lilly Pulitzer) with my favorite Madewell sandals and handbag (old but I like this one and this one too). My necklace is from the Oxford Exchange in Tampa, Florida and my lipstick is NARS Funny Face. I love this dress because it transitions easily from indoor working to outdoor happy hour. I also loved the contrast of the bright blue stripes against the pretty flowers.










Just in case you are wondering, the flowers aren't particularly fragrant. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...