Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Weekend Recap: Magazine Launch Party


Last Saturday night I hosted a launch party in celebration of my magazine. I decided to host the party at my own home to go along with the theme of "Exploring Home". What does home me to me? Being able to share my private garden with family and friends.

My mom and two of her sisters were in town for Easter weekend and since one of them was a contributor for the magazine, I thought it would be lovely to have the party with them here. Luckily most of the flowers in the garden were in bloom (except the Cherry Blossom! boo) so I only needed to add a few bouquets to round out the decorating. Flowers are always my indulgence when entertaining! Even if I just have overnight guests, I love the excuse to bring some color and freshness to my home.

The party was a grand success - wine flowed like water, great conversations were had with old friends and new, and I felt so special! Towards the end of the party, people were purchasing the magazine and asking me to sign it for them. I've never done something like that before and I felt like I really made it in the world! I was slightly embarrassed to do it, but so happy that I could take a chance on a new venture and have such dedicated support from my friends and family. You all give me the courage to do it again! Cheers!

I also want to give a special shout out to my friend Liz Nunziato. I had this whole toast prepared, but my mind went blank when I went to speak. Liz is one of my dearest friends and a very talented graphic designer and artist. I call her sensei as she taught me how to use InDesign and gave me a crash course in the graphic design and publishing worlds. I literally could not have done this magazine without her guidance and hard work taking my ideas and making them a reality.

PS - Order a copy of Issue One: Exploring Home here.


my family!

my beautiful friends



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...