Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Art to Inspiration: Out of the Woods

Out of the Woods by Laura E. Pritchett

For some reason as soon as I saw Laura E. Pritchett's painting Out of the Woods I thought about all those times Gman has dragged me out of the city and into rural America; like when we went camping. Whenever I think about going into the Great Outdoors I think about tick checks, having to pee really bad in a remote place, sweaty clothes, and missing happy hour. I don't see the peacefulness Gman imagines until we are in the midst of it. I remember seeing the light the way Pritchett depicts it here, brightly shining through the leaves and warming my face through the shade. There is something mystical about it, something soothing. A feeling totally worth leaving the city for.

Check out the rest of Laura E. Pritchett's work here.

Started by the lovely Supal of Chevrons and Eclairs, Art to Inspiration is a once a month blog post inspired by a work of art. If you would like to participate in Art to Inspiration, click here to read more and sign up.

And in case you missed it here's July's, August's, September's, October'sDecember's and February's Art to Inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...