Thursday, September 20, 2012

Exploring Wine: Sauvingnon Blanc



Decoy, Sauvingnon Blanc, Sonoma County, California, 2011 $18
My rating for this bottle? I would drink the bottle.

When I was out in Napa Valley we visited the Duckhorn winery. I was really impressed with their wines (and property and service). Each was elegant and soft on my palate. The only con is that a normal bottle is a wee bit out of my weekly price range at + $30. So I was thrilled to see their more affordable winery from Sonoma County, Decoy, available at my corner wine shop.

Maybe I was swayed by a brand I knew I would enjoy, but this hit the spot. Sauv blanc is generally very crisp, grassy, and full of flavor. This one definitely tasted crisp, but it was light and had a grapefruit taste. Not much grass though. I was kind of looking forward to that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...