Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wardrobe Staple: Grey T-shirt and Jeans


As some of you may know, I kind of have an obsession with wearing a grey t-shirt and jeans. Some of you (like Meg and Katherine) are even in the boat with me. To me this simple, yet chic, ensemble can be worn while working from home, running errands, meeting friends out for dinner, ladies night, date night, or traveling. There are many variations on the theme ranging from super casual light denim and baggy tourist t-shirts to paper-thin tops tucked into dark high-waisted skinnies. You can go full on bling, cowgirl style, or throw on a pair of boyfriend jeans with sandals for a day of playing tourist. 

I like a grey t-shirt versus a white one, because its more modest and I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing underneath. For instance, do you need a nude bra or strapless? It doesn't matter with a grey tee - just throw one on with anything and get out the door.

What I like about it too is that I can wear a variation based on a destination and know that I'll feel comfortable and stylish no matter where I go. Boyfriend jeans for post beach days in Florida, boot cut for dancing in Nashville, dark high-waisted skinnies for shopping in Paris or lunch in Tokyo. You get the idea.

Here are some of my go-to combinations, details after the images...












Look one:
American Apparel t-shirt, low rise bootcut jeans by Wrangler (similar here), Kate Spade peep toe pumps (similar here and here)

Look two:
Tourist tee from Cambodia, Club Monaco light wash mid-rise skinnies (similar here and here), Club Monaco bag (similar, and this one, and here too), Minnetonka Moosehide Driving Moc

Look Three:
Henley (old Urban Outfitters, similar here, and here), Gap boyfriend jeans, Target white and gold sandals, Clare Vivier handbag (updated versions here, here and another tote here)

Look Four:
JCrew vintage v-neck cotton tee, BlankNYC high-waisted denim, JCrew Janey flat, She's Unique gold ring, vintage bangles

1 comment:

  1. Classic Americana many ways. I love the last look! During summer I swear I'm always wearing J crew shorts and a popover.



    www.healthfullyeverafter.co

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...