Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I want to go to there.


via Cognac and Coffee. Does anyone know who photographed this? I would love to buy a print (and credit their work)!


If you follow me on twitter, you might have noticed that I am clearly having difficulties focusing. Where do you want to go next? What do I want to write about? While searching for inspiration I came across many lovely photos for future tantalizing trips on tumblr. Beautiful images abound from fashion, women, food, interiors, and landscapes. I get lost in the time that passes as I go from page to page. So much beauty it makes me want to trash my wardrobe and head to the gym. (note: I would obviously keep the leopard booties and jorts). (and my abundance of blazers)... (afterwords I would immediately buy a Celine handbag and have champagne at a rooftop bar in NYC wearing strappy sandals, a silk blouse, and skimpy skirt... oh sorry, is this not fantasy time?).

Then I switch to magazines, TV, and movies for inspiration. My first stop is always Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. I've had a wild crush (admiration really) on this man since the debut of his show. If only to be a travel buddy to tag along on his adventures, banter with his sarcastic ass, and eat and drink well with lovely and thoughtful people. That is the way to live life right there. And if in the mean time you discover something profound or delicious or obscene its a bonus. I like the way he integrates a little culture, tradition, and history of the people while mostly talking about/eating food. A special thanks to his writers/producers for putting it all together so naturally. Then writing about the post production shit shows on twitter for us all to enjoy.

After all that, I'm still left day dreaming. Completely blocked from writing my own story. This week might have to be "wanderlusty mind week" instead of a destination. I hope you get to know me a little more in the process!

Do you have a wandering mind? How do you focus after a long day at work or school? Do you write or draw or play music? Any coping mechanisms? I would love to get your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...