Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Recap: Fireworks and S'mores


delicious, savory food from the farmer's market


Iwo Jima Memorial

Hello after a long weekend! I have been very busy getting acclimated to DC and visiting with new friends. How nice it has been to move to a new city and already have a few friends to show us around. It's even nicer that we like their friends too. Yay, parties for everyone.

Highlights from this weekend included: a quiet night at home with Gman on Friday, lovely get together on Saturday out in Alexandria, farmer's market on Sunday (so bountiful! Our fridge smells amazing), crazy thunderstorms that blew down trees (the thunder gets loud in this basement apartment), and of course grilling on Monday afternoon. My attempts at laying out were fruitless but we did make s'mores. I ate them too quickly to take a picture (I know, you're dissapointed). Later, we watched the fireworks from beneath the Iwo Jima memorial. The view was fantastic! And it felt so patriotic. I liked the fireworks but I must say the fireworks in Boston last year were the best ever.

I have also entered week two of my new job. It usually takes me a few weeks to get into new habits so my apologies for delayed posts! It's hard to balance it all sometimes, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...