Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pimm's & Ginger



Seasonal transitions can be such a difficult time to maneuver in terms of dress and in terms of food and libations. I'm not quite ready for a wool coat but my t-shirts aren't enough. I don't want to give up my sandals but I'm looking forward to boot shopping. Do I want soup or salad? It's too hot for hot apple cider but frozen lemonade now seems too cold. So my drink of choice in this type of weather, cold, humid (somehow both at the same time...), and rainy, is a Pimm's & Ginger.

Pimm's is a gin based liquor first introduced to me by my English co-workers at my previous job. They were appalled by my ignorance and lack of enthusiasm for Pimm's and insisted I drink it whenever available. I was hooked at my first sip and it is conveniently sold at my favorite neighborhood liquor store. Pimm's has a slightly sweet, berry flavor not what one expects when thinking of gin. It can be had on its own or with a number of different mixes. My favorite is ginger beer. It is spicier and more bubbly than ginger ale. Pour over ice and its a cold, spicy drink that is perfect for this transitional weather.


Pimm's and Ginger

Ingredients
2 oz Pimm's
1 bottle of ginger beer (my favorite brand is Fever Tree)
Ice

Simply fill glass with ice, pour in Pimm's, then ginger beer. Stir slightly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...