Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wardrobe: Mount Rainier


Hair ties, Henley, Vest, Sunglasses, Pants, Ta Ta Tamer, Watch, Shoes

As one who normally shops for heels and silk dresses, venturing into REI and the world of athletic wear was a bit daunting. In the past I have dreaded any suggestion of leaving the city and kayaking, hiking, etc. One reason was that I always felt frumpy and out of place. I never wore the right shoes (hiking shoes don't have heels?) and often was too hot or too cold. But now after spending time shopping in this new genre (Sara you were right, it is fun!) I have a few stylish and sporty outfits I can wear next time Gman asks.

When choosing an outfit it is important to start with the right underthings. Whenever I go for a run, practice yoga, and now when I go hiking, I do not leave home without my Ta Ta Tamer from Lululemon. This bra not only holds everything comfortably in place (seriously, no bouncing) it does not flatten you out either, which for me can sometimes be painful.

Going outside doesn't mean you have to be boring either. Have fun with your accessories. I love these vintage inspired hair ties and Chloe's take on the aviator.

Lastly, as someone who wants to be prepared but doesn't often do outdoorsy activities I want my athletic wear to do double duty. These layering pieces can be worn for other occassions too. I see the long sleeved top pairing nicely with some high waisted jeans and loafer pump (like this one) for a night out with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...