Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Recap: recovery


This is one of my parents' dogs, Reggie. He misses me!


I had a down week last week. I lost my mojo and my creative drive. I couldn't write. I couldn't think. I felt emotionally and physically run down. But after a restful weekend I'm back on track now and I am thankful to those stuck around and are still reading!

So how was your weekend? We started things out by celebrating the opening of the 30 Americans exhibition with the Corcoran Gallery of Art at the Rebirth of the Cool pool party on Friday night. The highlight of that was certainly the Howard University Marching Band. They did a great job of setting the tone for the evening. 

I was feeling a bit under the weather, so we relaxed at home the rest of the time Besides one regrettable outing to watch our beloved Florida Gators get crushed by Alabama. It was a tough game to watch, especially after our quarterback got injured and the freshman backup had to play. We watched until the last second though, like watching a train wreck. Are you passionate about sports? Do you watch your favorite team no matter what?

It got cold this weekend too. I always find the transitional weeks between seasons to be so awkward wardrobe wise. I'm not ready for boots and tights, but a coat was definitely required yesterday when it was 47 degrees! Do you have a favorite thing to wear in-between seasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...