Friday, July 13, 2012

Shoe Love: Cowboy Boots


The only shoe love that would be appropriate after a week of talking about the wild west, is my affection for my cowboy boots. I bought these about eight years ago, back in college. I had this childhood memory of cowboy boots. My mom had this creamy colored pair in the back of her closet. I loved to sneak in there as a little girl and try them on. I memorized every detail, like the little metal heart that protected the tip of the toes. Then as I grew up, my feet grew many times her size so I needed a pair of my own. 

At the time of my purchase many women's boots were colorful, trendy, and some outright obnoxious. But I wanted a pair that I could wear the rest of my life. Brands like Tony Lama are carefully hand-crafted with the finest leather which is an investment, some costing around $400 a pop. After no luck in the women's area, I headed to the men's section and saw this pair of classic congac colored beauties. It was love at first sight and I've been wearing them ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...