Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Exploring: Cooking dairy-free


I love cooking but don't make nearly as much time for it as I should (probably because I'm out of town half the time!). Thanksgiving is my excuse to spend hours a day in the kitchen, cooking my favorite meals and experimenting with new recipes I've been saving. Then testing it all out on my family and friends.

I mentioned yesterday that my sister is lactose intolerant. So this week I'm making special treats for her so she might indulge while she's visiting without feeling sick. I found this recipe for Oreo stuffed brownies via Cup of Jo, via Keven & Amanda. I started drooling as soon as I saw the pictures.

To make this dairy-free:

Switch out the ice cream for So Delicious Cookies-n-Cream coconut ice cream and switch out the fudge for vegan chocolate chips. Oreos are not "real" as in they have no dairy already, they are even vegan approved (Newman's Own brand oreos do have dairy so check the packaging). Some brownie mixes are already dairy-free too.  These are so rich, gooey, and decedent that you won't miss the dairy, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Omigod, I love Kevin & Amanda's oreo brownies!! Such a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...