Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend Recap: preparing for the holidays




I fell asleep at 9:00pm on Friday night and didn't stir until the next morning at 9:00am. After a week of non-stop action I was clearly in need of a good night's sleep. Saturday was spent meal planning and doing chores for the upcoming holiday feast. My parents and sister are coming to town to celebrate. I can't wait to cook for them and share it with you!

Saturday night we had an impromptu dinner party with one of our couple friends. I fixed butternut squash and turkey chili (recipe here, highly recommended!) for them and we enjoyed a night of catching up.

Sunday was more preparing, we got to the market late and it was getting picked over. I guess everyone in our neighborhood is having a locally grown dinner! Gman and I took a walk to Georgetown and back {we love taking walks together} and he graciously went shopping with me too. I found an amazing pair of shoes! But I'm going to make you wait to see them on Friday, for shoe love.

What do you have planned this week? Do you travel for Thanksgiving? Do you share it with friends or family or both? Do you cook?

1 comment:

  1. Butternut squash and turkey chili sounds delish! I'm going to try it with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...