Thursday, February 9, 2012

Review: The Diner, Washington, D.C.








The Diner is a cozy, well... diner, tucked away in Adam's Morgan. My friend Stephanie and I found ourselves starving, slightly hungover, and wandering through the neighborhood one fine Saturday morning (let's be honest it was noon). As we walked past we noticed the piles of pancakes on other patrons plates and were immediately sold.

Whenever I go to brunch I always want something sweet and something savory. I can't imagine just eating a plate full of french toast or bacon, but I always want a bite of each. However, it's too much for one person to get a stack of pancakes and an omelet and a pile of bacon. I'm always left deciding between them or convincing Gman he wants pancakes so I can have a bite.

At The Diner you could order the breakfast special which included two eggs any style, bacon, sausage or ham, homefries or grits, pancakes or french toast, and white, wheat or rye toast AND coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. All of that can be yours for $13! I ordered the pancakes, eggs over medium, bacon, and homefries. I nearly cleaned my plate and felt like a champion. Not only that, but I didn't have to convince anyone to get the pancakes, I got a little of each. It was glorious.

6 comments:

  1. This is the BEST late night food in DC! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I'm going to have to put that on my list of places to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a HUGE fan of their mac and cheese. Oh and the sign out front says best Bloody Mary's in DC...anyone care to offer up an opinion? I live and work around the corner and so you think I would have tried one by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's was sooooo good! Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we need to go for brunch round two and check out the Bloody Mary's? I think a trip might be in order...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...