Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wardrobe: Nice, France

Grey dress, scarf, sandals, sunglasses, bracelet, cream dress, wedges, scarf, handbag



When thinking about a wardrobe look for a trip to Nice, I couldn’t help but think of the late Grace Kelly. Not only was she a local, being the Princess of Monaco and all, but Alfred Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief, which was filmed in Nice, is one of my favorite films.


Her style was feminine, elegant, and modern - always sophisticated and put together with minimal, deliberate accessories, and simple hair and make-up. I wanted to take inspiration from her without posting a vintage looking too outfit, because if she were here now, I bet she would have dressed in today’s best fashions.


Here are two looks, one for day time sight-seeing and one for dinner on the town. I looked at the classic lines in her style – soft neckline, defined waist, and a-line skirt and translated them with pieces we would wear now. Simple leather sandals, and the new classic Reed Krakoff bag. I couldn’t resist throwing in a Hermes scarf as a nod to her relationship the brand. Instead of wearing it around your neck, wear it as a headband/turban just like Ms. Kelly did in the beach scenes of To Catch A Thief.

4 comments:

  1. Love this- I would always like to look like Grace Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these picks! Grace Kelly is such an inspiration. Makes me want to go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is one of my all time lady crushes! Liz, I'm glad it makes you want to go on vacation! That's my goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfits! I have been lusting over that JCrew bracelet myself...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...